In order to be in compliance with current Regulatory Laws for SMS Texting, all clients need to collect and store opt-in permissions with appropriate disclosures that inform donors of the type and purpose of text communications they will receive. Please note that this is the point at which you collect donor data, and the donor consents to receiving SMS messaging, which should include the following:
- Program name and/or a description of the messages that will be sent
- Organization or individual being represented in the initial message - It has to be specified clearly the name of the Political Organization who is sending the text communications.
- Fee disclosure ("Message and data rates may apply")
- Service delivery frequency or recurring messages disclosure ("4 messages per month", "Message frequency varies", "1 message per login", etc)
- Customer care information (typically "Text HELP for help" or Help at XXX-XXX-XXXX)
- Opt out instructions (typically "Text STOP to cancel")
- Link to Terms and Conditions describing terms of service
Here is a script that can be edited with your campaign’s information, and added to your ActBlue donation pages:
By proceeding with this transaction, you agree to ActBlue's terms & conditions.