Your CallTime.AI account has a built-in power dialer. Using a power dialer for call time has several advantages:
- Speed: every aspect of the dialer is built to help you advance through calls and data-entry, as fast as possible.
- Connect Rates: the dialer allows you to use a variety of caller IDs (including your own numbers, or those with area codes local to your donor) to maximize pick-ups
- Collaboration: the dialer makes it easy to conduct remote call time with multiple members of your team.
Before you start calling:
- Check with your account owner to make sure you understand how your account will be billed for using the power dialer. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about power dialer billing.
- Make sure you have set up your phone number(s) to use as your outgoing caller ID.
- Pre-record any voicemails you may want to auto-play during call time.
Starting a Call Session
- From any contact, click Start Call
- Click Start Dialer Session to generate your dialer session call-in credentials: use any phone to dial in, then follow the prompts to enter your unique Session ID, and Participant PIN. This is the only time per call session that you will have to hand-dial.
Pro-tip: Use your phone's normal conferencing capabilities to add people from your team to the same session-- no matter where they are!
- To complete and end a session, hang up your phone. Be sure not to hang up your phone until you're ready to completely end the session!
- Once you're fully dialed-in, the dialer session module will change to reflect the contact that you are currently on. From there, you can select which of the contacts' numbers you wish to dial, and what caller ID you want displayed when the call is placed.
- Click Dial Now to place the call.
Ending Calls & Recording Call Outcomes
You never need to hang up your phone to end the call-- hanging up your phone will end the entire dialer session. Rather, use the power dialer pop-up module to disconnect from calls.
To log call outcomes, you can always use the Log Call button on a contact's profile. But during a dialer session, you can also log a call directly in the power dialer pop-up module. Here's how:
If you do not connect with anyone on the call...
- Click No Answer to simultaneously log and disconnect the call.
- Click Wrong Number to simultaneously log and disconnect the call, and mark the number as wrong on the contact's profile.
- Click the red Disconnect/Do Not Log button to simply disconnect the call without logging the call.
While the phone is ringing, you can begin to take notes which will append to the call log whenever you select No Answer or Wrong Number. If you're still working on those notes, but you wish to disconnect the call, just click Disconnect, complete your notes, and then click No Answer or Wrong Number to append the notes to the call log.
If you do connect with someone...
Once the dialer connects, the pop-up module will automatically change to provide you more outcome options.
- Click Left Message with Someone to simultaneously log and disconnect the call.
- Click Connected to log any pledges/commitments/asks. From here, you can click Log Call & Disconnect to simultaneously log and disconnect the call.
- Select from the dropdown menu of saved voicemails and click Play Voicemail when you are ready to leave a voicemail (read here for more details).
At any time, you can click Disconnect to end the call without simultaneously logging an outcome. You can then finish logging any notes/outcomes and click Log Call.
Navigating from Call to Call
Once you are connected to a dialer session, an orange bar will appear at the top of your screen throughout the duration of your session. This top-bar will indicate the total length of your current dialer session, or, if you are connecting with a contact, the name of that contact and the duration of that call. At any time and on any page, you can click the top-bar to re-open the power dialer pop-up module so that you can start, end, and/or log a call.
Quickly Calling Through a List: Auto-Advance
If you are making calls through a List, you have the option to automatically advance to the next contact on the list, as soon as you complete your current call. When this setting is selected, your screen will advance when you have either logged a call and disconnected, or opted to disconnect without logging an outcome. To turn this setting on, click on the grayed-out circular arrow in the pop-up module, turning it blue. It will stay on during that dialer session, unless you click it again, graying it back out.
The Power Dialer Pop-Up Module
As you can see, most power dialer activity is managed through the pop-up module. Here are a few of things to know about it:
- You can exit the module at any time without interrupting your call.
- You re-open the module at any time by clicking the orange Active Session button on any contact's profile, or by clicking the orange top-bar.
- While the module is open, it will not prevent you from taking other actions in your account.
- You can use your mouse to drag the module to any place on your screen.
- When you are not connected to anyone, the module will automatically update to reflect the information of the current or most recent contact profile you were on.
- When you are dialing or connected to someone, you can quickly navigate back to that contact's profile by clicking on their name in the module.
Pro-tip: While in a dialer session, hover your mouse over a number you wish to call, and click the green Dial Now button that will appear. This will immediately start dialing that number. Your caller ID will automatically be whatever you used on your most recent prior call.
Please sign in to leave a comment.